Food Movement of 1959: Documenting A Turning Point in the History of West Bengal
The present volume is not a research publication in the conventional sense of the term. It is a collection of available documents on the historic 1959 food movement, which proved to be a turning point in the political history of West Bengal. This collection should be an important source-material for scholars working on the politics and culture of contemporary West Bengal.
This section also contains reproductions of pictures of public demonstrations and police brutalities during the food movement.
1. Food problem in West Bengal : supply, distribution and price--policy documents of left political parties, 1943-1967
2. Speeches, writings and memoirs of the leaders of left political parties on the food problem and food movement in West Bengal, 1959
3. Food movement in Calcutta print media
4. Food problem : debates in the West Bengal Legislative Assembly
5. Food question and food movement in West Bengal : Lok Sabha debates
6. The Communist Party of India, the food question and the food movement : select articles and pamphlets
7. Food movement in contemporary literature